Monday 11 January 2010

Different year, same place

I go through the same ritual every year... I make the decision to start preparations to go back. Back to England. "It's time", I always say. "This is the year."

And then I get caught up in just making it through the routine schedule of the week; school runs, work; another project; holidays; just another something which keeps us here yet longer.

This year I've made no such resolutions or promises. I've accepted that there's still a little while left, a couple of years more or less, before I can return. And so, I'm going to relax for a couple of years. Stop thinking of this home as so temporary. Maybe have the walls painted this spring. After all, it's important to enjoy each moment and make the most of being where you are. By living in the future I was in danger of missing out on the present.

2 comments:

  1. I am in the process of accepting this also...here a few more years. This suspended state is so very frustrating. Attempting to make the best of the now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the worst thing... to be torn in half so much, Emily.

    ReplyDelete