Thursday 24 September 2009

Ever moved the earth for love?

Maybe not the whole earth itself, but I have certainly moved across half of the earth for love.

This particular yarn of this particular expat begins with the move I made from one distant corner of Europe - the UK - to the very edge of Europe - Turkey - exactly 17 years ago. A move I may not have made if I had not been deliriously in love with a man who made my new home seem all the more exotic and all the more romantic.

Have I regretted it? No. I'm still happily in love.

And now I'm ready to share all of the trials, tears and beautiful experiences which are so typical of an expat's life. I hope you'll enjoy the journey.

3 comments:

  1. really looking forward to reading your trials, tears and beautiful experiences , I myself moved here for love from UK but I am only 6 months into the move and certainly experiencing the trials . without patronizing just found your blog via twitter and enjoyed reading. brian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, good luck Brian! I have to be honest and say it's bloody hard to keep up living in a different place, but for me it was worth it - and still is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess if you have something worth holding onto you make it work. by the way i read the book expats you mention when i first arrived ,i bump into jennifer frequently my wife Figen ! works with her . look forward to further reading and I am always learning and find info from people like yourself and others who take the time to write about the times here. best of luck for the future and how do you celebrate Christmas being from UK. brian

    ReplyDelete